Utah SymphonyBeethoven 2020: “Pastoral” Symphony – Canceled
This performance has been canceled.
All tickets to canceled performances that are not being rescheduled will be exchanged dollar-for-dollar for a Utah Symphony | Utah Opera gift certificate, valid for the next 18 months, which can be donated as a tax-deductible contribution, or applied towards any future purchase. Gift certificates will be mailed with detailed information and step-by-step instructions on ways to redeem. Utah Symphony | Utah Opera will notify you via email when gift certificates are in the mail.
Visit usuo.org for more information.
Utah Symphony Presents
Beethoven 2020: “Pastoral” Symphony
DATES and TIMES:
April 24 & 25, 2020 / 7:30 PM
123 W. South Temple
Salt Lake City, UT. 84101
Thierry Fischer, conductor
Paul Jacobs, organ
Jason Hardink, piano (Messiaen)
HANDEL: Organ Concerto No. 13 “The Cuckoo and the Nightingale”
BARBER: Toccata Festiva for Organ and Orchestra
BEETHOVEN: Symphony No. 6 “Pastoral”
MESSIAEN: “The Mockingbird” from Des canyons aux étoiles
Centaurs and Olympian gods. Come hear the music that inspired the boldest and strangest part of Disney’s Fantasia.
Concert highlights include:
• The Utah Symphony continues its celebration of Beethoven’s 250th birthday with his most naturally picturesque symphony, the highly evocative Pastoral.
• Welcome organ soloist Paul Jacobs back to Abravanel Hall after the successful release of his recent CD collaboration with the Utah Symphony.
• We resume the season-long study of birds and their natural world with Messiaen’s “The Mockingbird,” which will be performed as part of the Pastoral experience.
• Learn more about this evening’s music at a pre-concert lecture, which begins 45 minutes prior to the start of the concert in Abravanel Hall’s First Tier Room.
• Enjoy Lobby Fest performances 30 minutes before the performance in the lobby by members of our Youth Guild.
Announce/Subscriptions On Sale: February 5, 2019
19-20 Subscriber Presale: June 10, 2019
Single Tickets On Sale: June 14, 2019
Late Seating Policy:
Late seating will be at an appropriate break in the concert, to be determined at a later date, or at intermission. More information on our late and re-entry policies is available at utahsymphony.org.
General Age Guideline:
Individuals ages five and older are welcome at this performance. Parents should ensure their children are able to sit quietly through the performance without disturbing others around them. No babes in arms will be admitted.
Artists and programs are subject to change.
Message from Utah Symphony | Utah Opera (801) 533-NOTE:
Free Ticket Exchanges for Illness
We highly encourage patrons who are feeling unwell to stay home from performances and are happy to exchange existing tickets to a future performance date. Exchanges are always free for subscribers. We are currently waiving the $5 ticket exchange fee for single-concert ticket buyers who need to exchange their tickets because they are feeling unwell, need to stay home to care for sick household members, or are at high-risk for illness.