Ririe-Woodbury Dance CompanyFree Virtual Movement Classes
We at Ririe-Woodbury recognize that almost all of us are pent up inside our homes, unable to move and express ourselves as we normally would. Our company dancers, Artistic Director Daniel Charon, and former company dancers turned Education and Outreach Directors Ai Fujii Nelson and Juan Carlos Claudio are hungry to interact with people of all ages and from all walks of life! Please join us for our two movement classes held Monday-Friday via the livestream registration links listed below.
We are offering these community classes to the public free of charge. However, if you feel inclined to monetarily support in any way, please see the donate page on our website: https://ririewoodbury.com/donate-now Anything is appreciated!
Please register at least 15 minutes before class starts.
Daily classes – Weekdays
11 AM (MST)- Young movers, 15-20 min – This class is for all but is geared towards younger bodies, specifically children. We will be exploring creative ways to interact with our surroundings by utilizing prompts and fun tasks to get our brains firing and creative juices flowing!
Link to register: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/uZQsc-uqrDojsptTJB0PP7IYAJUwOrDxfA
5:30 PM (MST) – Adult class, 25-40 min – No experience required. Classes range from free movement to technique, toning, and self-massage.
Link to register: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMqfuGtrzMrCTLKUVdH1Psrox1C8WdpQQ
If you haven’t received a confirmation email by the time class starts and you use a mail application like Apple Mail or Outlook, please login to your email account online at Gmail, Yahoo or whatever email provider you use to see if it is there. Also, check your spam folder for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW For Middle and High School Dancers
We have recognized the gap – we haven’t been offering much live-stream options for the middle-school and high-school dancers. We are ready to step up the game and get those young dancers dancing with us!! Please see below for the new opportunities. One is a workshop of daily classes Monday through Saturday where students can sign up, the other one is a customized live-stream class each teacher can arrange with us.
Y.A.I.M. Live-Stream DAILY Workshop for Young Dancers, Monday, April 20 – Saturday, April 25 (FREE of charge)
We are aware there are many online workshops available these days. Our goal is to reach out and connect with our local young dancers. We are committed to helping them stay physically, mentally, and emotionally healthy, and also simply want to connect with them through dancing together.
- Daily live-stream workshop for middle and high school dancers from Monday, April 20 – Friday, April 24th at 4:00- 4:45 p.m., and Saturday, April 25th at 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. Our Company dancers are getting really good at teaching live-stream style! Let’s keep your dancers engaged and inspired.
- Middle/high school dancer(s) can participate one day, a couple of days, or all six days – whatever works with their schedule. The classes are free of charge, however, they have to register to receive the link.
- This workshop is where students can participate by Webex meeting, while they are staying home, and staying safe.
- Please recommend that your students sign up by emailing Ai Fujii Nelson at email@example.com.
- Their full name
- School Name
- Event name: Y.A.I.M. Live-Stream Workshop 4/20-25
- Once they are on the RSVP list, we will send them the link and password to the workshop.
If you plan to participate from your phone and not a computer, you will need to download the Zoom app!
* We encourage you to turn your camera on so that the teacher can see you dancing with them!
* These classes will be screen-recorded for grant reporting and internal use only.