All tickets to canceled performances that are not being rescheduled will be exchanged dollar-for-dollar for a Utah Symphony | Utah Opera gift certificate, valid for the next 18 months, which can be donated as a tax-deductible contribution, or applied towards any future purchase. Gift certificates will be mailed with detailed information and step-by-step instructions on ways to redeem. Utah Symphony | Utah Opera will notify you via email when gift certificates are in the mail.
Utah Symphony Presents
Season Finale: Beethoven’s “Eroica”
DATES and TIMES:
May 22 & 23, 2020 / 7:30 PM
123 W. South Temple
Salt Lake City, UT. 84101
Thierry Fischer, conductor
MESSIAEN: “The Resurrected and the Song of the Star Aldebaran” from Des canyons aux étoiles
BEETHOVEN: Symphony No 3 “Eroica”
MESSIAEN: “Zion Park and the Celestial City” from Des canyons aux étoiles
RAVEL: Daphnis et Chloé, Suite No. 2
All good things must come to an end as we conclude each of our Masterworks Season themes.
Concert highlights include:
• Spend one last evening this season with Beethoven during his 250th birthday year for his powerful and ground-breaking Eroica symphony.
• Make one last visit to the red rocks of southern Utah with Messiaen’s moving and celebratory “Zion Park and the Celestial City.”
• Be amazed by the talent and range of the Utah Symphony immersed in the colorful intensity of Ravel’s ballet score Daphnis et Chloé.
• Learn more about this evening’s music at a pre-concert lecture, which begins 45 minutes prior to the start of the concert in Abravanel Hall’s First Tier Room.
• Enjoy Lobby Fest performances 30 minutes before the performance in the lobby by members of our Youth Guild.
Announce/Subscriptions On Sale: February 5, 2019
19-20 Subscriber Presale: June 10, 2019
Single Tickets On Sale: June 14, 2019
Late Seating Policy:
Late seating will be at an appropriate break in the concert, to be determined at a later date, or at intermission. More information on our late and re-entry policies is available at utahsymphony.org.
General Age Guideline:
Individuals ages five and older are welcome at this performance. Parents should ensure their children are able to sit quietly through the performance without disturbing others around them. No babes in arms will be admitted.