Provides assistance in budget preparation, control and oversight; personnel and payroll functions; procurement and asset control; and support functions. Gathers, researches, and analyzes information to coordinate and support special projects.
Due to the nature of this position, the successful applicant must pass a required pre-employment background check and subsequent mandatory background checks in accordance with current County Human Resources policy requirements.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget. Researches and analyzes various budget issues.
- Assists the Administrator in monitoring the budget.
- Compares expenditures with budget appropriations to determine variances and recommend budget adjustments.
- Develops and monitors cash collections, petty cash disbursements and other accounting transactions to ensure that adequate controls are in place to protect the fiscal integrity of the division.
- Provides an on-going review of internal controls with cash handling and accounting functions to ensure that assets have adequate safeguards.
- Assists in writing and revising accounts receivable and accounts payable policies and procedures.
- Collects financial data and other information for the purpose of submitting journal entries for credit for services performed.
- Develops special financial and statistical reports and records using knowledge of accounting policies, practices and procedures.
- Conducts audits to analyze data and assess efficiency, cost effectiveness and productivity of systems.
- Prepares grant and contract billings.
- Audits grant and contractual expenses.
- Maintains revenue records.
- Develops computerized financial reports and provides program information.
- Prepares the semi-monthly payroll
- Assists in the implementation and removal of Special Assessment Certifications to Tax Ledgers per State and District codes. Adjusts account ledgers as directed by District offices.
- Implements Council’s approval of various County Agencies’ Board Letter requests and tax roll corrections ensuring accurate general ledger adjustments. Prepares check requests and appropriate back-ups. Prepares in-house Board Letters and tax roll corrections which qualify within required guidelines.
- Assists in the development and product support for the product lifecycle of the Tax and Accounting Software and accounting for the accurate conversion of tax ledgers and appropriate adjustments. This includes the appropriate development of the software to meet SL County best business practices and ensuring the accurate conversion of all Salt Lake County historical and current tax data into the new system.
- Provides assistance and customer care to the public. Receives phone calls, answers questions from the public, and provides resources within the County to help with the taxpayers’ concerns, issues, and questions. Finds and fixes issues by researching data and transactions.
- May act as backup for the Assistant Division Administrator and Fiscal Manager as needed.
SOLID WASTE OFFICE
- Participates in the month-end closing, monthly and year-end financial reporting activities.
- Performs bank and general ledger reconciliations and prepare journal entries.
- May act as backup for the Admin & Fiscal Manager as needed.