Provides emergency medical care and treatment to occupants at Arts & Culture venues.
- Current Certification with the State of Utah as an Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (EMT).
- All certifications/licenses must be current.
- Paramedic license
- Have prior experience covering as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) at events. Knowledge of evacuation procedures.
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of specific duties and responsibilities will not preclude it from the position.
Applicants must be prepared to demonstrate the ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Provides medical services for occupants of Arts & Culture venues.
- Properly evaluates and treats minor injuries.
- Provides curbside assistance as requested by patrons.
- Requests transport if necessary for serious injuries.
- Maintains proper records of all patient care administered, injuries, and illnesses.
- Restocks and replaces used supplies and equipment.
- Cleans all equipment following appropriate disinfecting procedures.
- Complies within the scope of care as defined by state, regional, and local regulatory agencies.
- Helps with trainings for EMT’s, scheduling of trainings.
- Covers shifts at events.
- Assigns shifts, tracks shifts.
- Supervises EMT’s.
- Assists with possible evacuation or take lead in conducting evacuations at events.
- Maintains inventory/equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic understanding and knowledge of medical terminology
- Basic knowledge of pharmacology
- Customer service in the health care setting including needs assessment and meeting quality standards for services
- Public Health policies and procedures
Skills and Abilities to:
- Enter, transcribe, record, store, or maintain information in either written or electronic form
- Perform medical procedures within the scope of practice
- Maintain full awareness of surroundings and others’ reactions, making adjustments according to the situation while providing health care services to patrons, clients and staff.
- Monitor/assess medical emergencies or issues and form medical response while maintaining the safety of those involved
- Consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Recognize problems, analyze information, evaluate results, and apply general rules and standard operating procedures to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Establish and maintain good interpersonal relationships
- Handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner
- Understand and apply security measures
- Applies universal infection control procedures
- Speak clearly, concisely and effectively; listen to, and understand, information and ideas as presented verbally
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Walk extensive distances, kneel, bend, and stand for long periods of time, climb stairs while transporting medical equipment, twisting and lifting heavy equipment, lift backboards and transport patients up or down stairs.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THIS POSITION
***This position works nights & weekends***