August is a busy month for Salt Lake County Arts and Culture! We have a little something for everyone at Abravanel Hall, Eccles Theater and the Rose. Whether you like to listen to classical music, watch musicals, plays or dance of all kinds, this is the month for you to catch a show. Get your tickets at arttix.org.
- August 1st at 7:00 PM Inspired by Nature: An Evening of Music and Art at the Rose. This performance features the Song of Angels Flute Orchestra which is the only flute ensemble in the world that includes both an F Contrabass and a Double Contrabass flute.
- August 3rd at 8:00 PM National Flute Association Concerto Gala at Abravanel Hall. Hear world-renowned flute soloists live with a symphony orchestra.
- August 9th at 7:30 PM Jon Paul Yerby at Regent Street Black Box. Utah Classical Guitar presents a night with the highly accomplished guitarist Jon Paul Yerby.
- August 10th at 6:30 PM Gabino Flores and the Utah Classical Guitar Orchestra at Regent Street Black Box. Flores is a guitar performer and educator who has performed extensively across the state.
- August 2nd at 8:00 PM Thanks for the Memories featuring JAKS Theatre Company Senior Performers at the Rose. This Broadway Musical Revue features the graduating seniors at Jaks Theatre Company, including 2019 Jimmy Awards (high school musical theater awards) Winner Ethan Kelso.
- August 13 – 25th The Book of Mormon musical at the Eccles. The award-winning show about missionaries in Africa is back in Salt Lake City by popular. Note that the show contains mature content.
- August 24th – 26th The Post Office at the Rose. This play performed by high school students is a world premiere about a child with a mysterious illness. The show is co-presented by The Gandhi Alliance for Peace, Granite School District, Plan-B Theatre and United Nations Association of Utah with proceeds benefiting Adopt-a-Future.
- August 16th at 7:30 PM Student Choreography Showcase at the Rose. Repertory Dance Theatre presents a night featuring diverse choreography from students across North America.
- August 17th at 7:30 PM The Festival Gala Concert at the Rose. Join Repertory Dance Theatre at the culminating event of the New Century Dance Project (NCDP) festival featuring choreographic works from professional and emerging choreographers.
- August 30 – 31st at 7:30 PM They Reminisce at the Rose. Celebrate the history of hip hop with modern-day twists.
- August 31st at 6:30 PM Kalpana: The World of Imagination at the Rose. Join Chitrakaavya Dance for a night filled with Odissi, a traditional classical dance form from eastern India.
- August 8 – 10th at 7:30 PM Fighter at the Rose. See this spectacle of aerialists, dancers, acrobats and live singers in a story about a phoenix rising from the ashes.
- August 24th at 8:00 PM Rose Exposed: #Trending at the Rose. The six resident companies of the Rose (Gina Bachauer, PYGmalion, RDT, Ririe-Woodbury, SB Dance and Plan-B) come together annually to present a showcase of new work.